Saturday, April 28, 2007

Storage

I've been giving a lot of thought to the whole moving/storage conundrum lately. With a bunch of new furniture, new washer and dryer, etc, selling is not an option. I was hoping my sister would get a job in the Morgantown area-she said she would like to use my furniture while I'm away-but that still leaves plenty of stuff that fits into the "not really essential, but stuff I don't want to sell" category. Stuff like 3-4 video game systems that have nostalgic value, a few (50 or so) books, artwork...lots of stuff. And if I pay for storage for that stuff, I might as well pay for storage for everything, unless my sister or my parents want to pay for a U Haul to take my furniture to my sister. A temperature-controlled storage unit big enough for everything is going to cost me about $100 a month, or $1200 a year. This is ok for one year, but two years ($2400) is well over the cost of everything in storage bought new. It's still too early to worry about, but if I really like it in Korea and make a return trip, I'm going to have to figure out what to do with my stuff in storage-two years in a storage unit is not an option.

No comments: