Monday, October 8, 2007

Randomness is bliss

To further the notion that to be unique in korea is something to be undesirable, Koreans all clap as one. Even the students. It doesn't even sound like clapping. I don't know what it sounds like. Something strange though.

Things I miss from the US:

You know I started this list and can't really think of anything. Of course, there are lots of people I miss from the US, but as far as actual things go...I guess I miss my car. I miss XM for the BBC and baseball. I miss ESPN Radio. I guess I can get both of those here though via the web. I do miss cruising around in my car, which leads me to...

The bus in Korea. I finally figured out how to take it. Let me just say I'm glad I live in a country where there is no odor in people's persperation, because you're packed pretty tight in there. I don't think I could survive the bus in Europe, or even the US, where people's hygenic habits are less than stellar. Right now I'm sitting in a pizza place. Normally I go with the hot chicken, which is about the only way to get chicken around here.

Oh, I miss chicken. Good chicken. Like KFC :) And Taco Bell. And Arbys. And Tudors. I almost cried last time I thought about Tudors.

Ok anyway, so I'm about ready to order this new kind of "combination pizza". Who knows what kind of food it will be a combination of. Squid? Octopus? Kimchi? All of the above? As long as its not seaweed. I really hate the seaweed here. It's completely different-tasting than Japanese seaweed I've had back home at Chinese and Japanese resturaunts.

Oh, that reminds me, I miss Chinese food too. There is an Americanized Chinese resturaunt down by Ulsan University I'm going to have to check out soon.

I got my pizza, and what I thought was a cheese-filled crust was actually filled with mashed potatoes. Weird, but pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if i could mail you tudors i would, i doubt the shaved ham would hold up though.
chad