Friday, November 9, 2007

Another...interesting....school outing

Yesterday the all the teachers at Yeonam Middle School took a trip to see the fall foliage at Pohang. We loaded up in a charter bus (which had the same disco lights as the one I rode from Jochiwon to Ulsan in) and took off. On the way up I ate some Jeju oranges, which is by far the best fruit Korea has to offer. I especially appreciated the lack of seeds. Anyway, we got to Pohang about an hour later, and as a result of the curvy mountain roads, many of the teachers were extremely sick. After a half hour looking at the mountains and the local Buddhist temple, we got back in the bus and went to dinner. What's good for curvy mountain road-supset stomach? Raw fish! That's right! We went to a raw fish place for dinner. Not only that, there was (as always) a ton of soju. Some of the teachers were trashed. Of course, she threw up in the bus on the way home. Good times. Not to mention I had to sit next to a drunk adjosshi who insisted I repeat his name over and over while he gave me a hand massage. Not the best time I've ever had in my life. After we got back to Yeonam-dong, I was going to go home, but once again I fell under the influence of members of the fairer sex and ended up going to the noraebang. Luckily, I was able to escape after a few songs (and a painfully sung rendition of George Harrison's Something sung by yours truly) and went home to bed. The teacher that threw up on the bus last night sits next to me in the teachers room. I don't look forward to seeing her condition this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

something in the way she throws up, repels me like no other teacher.

okay so that was my poor attempt at a parody of your days event
chad

John said...

The thing is, she's actually pretty hot. Not so much when she's throwing up into a small plastic bag though.