Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lots of updates today! I'm back from vacation, after more than a month off. I work this week, then I get two more weeks off. For some reason spring break in Korea is at the end of February. Don't ask me. I won't knock more vacation time though. This time I think I'm going to go to Japan. Really this time. I'm getting some extra money from working at the ULA (Ulsan Language Academy) over my last vacation, and I should have enough for a round trip ticket to Tokyo.

I test for my yellow belt in gumdo on Feb. 19th! It seems like I just started, but I've been training 4 days a week almost every week since I started at the beginning of January, so I feel like I've made some progress.

Today I'm back at Gangdong Middle School. The third grade class there is such a waste. We did kind of a spelling bee game and they couldn't spell words the first grade students could spell. Ugh. And to top it all off, there's a student in there who's studied abroad and his English is excellent, so he stays bored while the rest of the students are so below average. Frustrating.

Let's see, what else...oh, Peggle is awesome. If you haven't played it, you need to. It's free. Be warned--it's addictive.

No comments: