Saturday, May 5, 2007

Sometimes you just need good music.

Lately I've been expanding my horizons with eMusic and listening to stuff that I never really gave a fair chance to in the past. I recently downloaded Doolittle by the Pixies, and to my surprise, it's actually growing on me. Spurred on by this, I decided to try an album by The White Stripes, their major label debut White Blood Cells. About halfway through it I had to stop. I had a craving for something with a little more...I don't know...substance. I downloaded two Debussy Preludes, The Sunken Cathedral and The Girl With the Flaxen Hair. Once I hit play, it was like drinking a coke after a night of drinking Natty Light. It was just so good. Sometimes I think it's good to remind myself that even though my life doesn't revolve around performing classical music anymore, it's still good to listen to, if only to serve as a reminder of how much more fulfilling it can be than guitar rock.

No comments: