Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Bad Newz...

There was a shooting at the house next to my school this morning.
This isn't the first time that there has been a shooting outside of the school, but this is the first time that they haven't apprehended the criminals involved. When I went out to stand by the buses, I was informed by the principal that I needed to stay outside an extra 15 minutes to make sure the students got in the building safely. I didn't ask her who was going to watch me to make sure I got in safely. I'm not really afraid of being shot though. When you teach in the schools I've taught at, you come to expect gun violence, even violence close to school. Besides, it was a drive-by, and I'm pretty sure whoever did it is long gone by now. File this under things I won't miss in Korea.

No comments: