Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me....

I celebrated my first birthday in Korea today with my co-teacher at Hogye Middle School. We went to this buffet called Marché, which was pretty good. I hadn't been to a buffet in a while and I was stunned at how little I could eat compared to the good old days.



Anyway, this past weekend I had a mini celebration with Lily at a nice samgyeopsal restaurant, and we had a good time at the noraebang after that.



Today was my last day at Gangdong Middle School. It's hard to believe in two weeks I'll have been in Korea for a year. I was a little bit sad to leave some of my students there, but there were a lot of problems with the curriculum and the schedule of my coteacher that were not going to be overcome. I hope to be placed at Yeonam Elementary School on Mondays next semester, while continuing at Yeonam Middle School Tuesday-Friday. Here's a shot of me and some of my students.


These students were the "nickname club." They gave each other English nicknames. From the left: E.T., Unicorn, Beaver, Dolphin. They nicknamed me "Teddy Bear."

No comments: