Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The best dinner in Korea.

Last night Kate, one of my co-teachers, took me out for dinner as a Christmas present. Due to the unique nature of Korean-English pronunciation, I though the name of the restaurant was "Bips" but it turned out to be "Vips." Anyway, it's been so long since I've had a good meal, I hardly knew what to do with myself! There was a stocked salad bar with hot and cold food, including some awesome garlic tortillas (about as close one gets to Mexican food in Ulsan). Then came the main course--steak! I nearly cried, it was so delicious. Then came more salad bar and for desert, yogurt and Canapé. Again, very delicious. I can't tell you how much I miss American food. I try so hard to like many kinds of Korean food, but I just can't get myself to like it. Dinner at Vips was like a little taste of home again, and enjoying it with a good friend made it all the more special.

Tomorrow is election day--no school! Woo hoo! :)

No comments: